As you can see above, bleach is a corrosive. This means it could do damage to the skin, eyes, or the respiratory system. This part of the label tells you what to do if you happen to get this product on your skin or in your eyes. The next label tells you how to use it safely:
For disinfecting surfaces you use 1/2 cup bleach to 1 gallon of water. Please note that the label requires that the surface you are disinfecting should be pre-washed/cleaned. The reason for this is that dirt, or other organic materials can deactivate bleach reducing its disinfecting ability. In order for bleach to disinfect a surface, the surface must be cleaned first. Which brings us back to our suggestion at the beginning of this post, the most effective way to get rid of mold is to clean the surface with a detergent and elbow grease.