|Fire Restoration Companies Must Be Licensed with the Nassau County Fire Marshall|
|Flood Damage & Mold are Environmental Hazards under Local Law 13-2014|
- OSHA Safety Standards for Construction or General Industry - a minimum of 10 hours
- NYS Asbestos Handler - a minimum of 32 hours
- EPA Lead Worker - a minimum of 16 hours. Lead RRP is NOT sufficient
- Hazardous Waste Operations (HAZWOPER) - a minimum of 40 hours
- Microbial Remediation - a minimum of 24 hours
- Water damage restoration - minimum 20 hours or Institute of Inspection, Cleaning Restoration Certification (IICRC) WRT Certification
- Fire damage restoration - a minimum of 16 hours or IICRC FSRT Certification
- PCB Awareness - a minimum of 4 hours
- Bloodborne pathogens - a minimum of 4 hours
- Infection control risk assessment - a minimum of 4 hours
- Proof of a valid lead and asbestos abatement licenses.
|170 hours of training, is a lot of training!|
- is accredited by the Council of Engineering and Scientific Specialty Boards (CESB) and/or the American National Standards Institute under ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024, and
- is wholly independent of training organizations, membership organizations, and industry trade associations.
- Individuals or legal entities shall not conduct environmental assessments for a period of one year on projects for which they have conducted environmental remediation services.
- Individuals or legal entities shall not conduct environmental remediations for a period of one year on projects for which they have conducted environmental assessments.
We have written to our representative on the Nassau County Legislature (click on the link to see our letter) and have not gotten very far. We suspect that is because we are only one voice and we need the industry to write to the legislature to get some traction on this. We plan on sending another version of this letter in the next week or two. We may not all agree on what changes need to be made, but we all agree that it needs to change. Under the current version, very few contractors and no consultants would become license under this local law.