- The Greenguard Certification Program allows manufacturers to voluntarily certify their products, with a third party organization, as emitting low levels of various contaminants. Some contaminants cannot be present at all, while others have to meet recognized federal, state, local, or in some cases industry standards.
- There are no regulations requiring products to be tested, or for that matter what contaminants to test for or for the levels to test at.
- In developing an environmental footprint, you can find the best calculators on the internet.
- We discussed the impact that energy efficiency can have on indoor air quality.
- We discussed indoor air quality concerns with phthalates, formaldehyde, volatile organic compounds, mercury, and multi-chemical exposures.
- Concerns in sustainable homes with bamboo products and compact fluorescents.
This Monday, February 23, 2009, we will be discussing “Home Safety – Not Just Ramps and Grab Bars” with Fritzi Gros-Daillon founder of Transitions USA.