- Municipal water suppliers must test the drinking water to meet Federal, State, and local requirements (State and Local requirements must be as strict or stricter than Federal requirements).
- All municipal water suppliers must test drinking water for a minimum of 150 parameters.
- Treating water contaminated with MTBE is challenging to municipal water suppliers.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has guidance documents for testing drinking water once it gets to our faucets.
- Water suppliers are required to continuously monitor the pH (corrosiveness) of water to ensure that the water does not cause the leaching of metals from the plumbing.
- Most municipal water does not need filtering or treatment at home. Chlorine taste or smell can be eliminated by putting the water in the refrigerator.
This Monday, March 9, 2009, we will be discussing “Dangers in the Basement” with Mr. Bob Krell, President of IAQ Technologies.