- The Federal government does not regulate residential USTs
- State government may regulate them in specific instances, but generally do not
- Residential USTs are primarily regulated by local Counties, Towns, or Villages
- Home Insurance plays an important role regarding USTs
- Homeowners want to ensure they hire specifically licensed UST installers, and removers
- Individuals that test the tanks for leaks, to avoid conflict of interests, are required to be independent of the installers and removers.
This Monday, March 31, 2009, at 2 PM Eastern Time we will be discussing HUD’s Healthy Homes Program with Dr. Peter Ashley, a senior environmental health scientist with Housing Urban Development’s (HUD) Office of Healthy Homes and Lead Hazard Control and Dr. Pamela Meyer, of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).