|Montauk Point, Long Island, NY|
- Reduce and eliminate mercury and other toxic substances throughout its facility.
- Join EPA’s WasteWise program, which provides technical assistance in developing waste reduction and recycling plans. A cardboard compactor will be purchased and installed at the loading dock so cardboard packaging can be recycled. The hospital estimates that it will recycle 10 tons of cardboard each year.
- Join the EPA ENERGY STAR Program and set a goal of reducing energy use by10%.
- Use water-saving WaterSense products in the renovation and upgrading of existing buildings and in new buildings. This will reduce water usage and the associated energy needs. An average WaterSense plumbing fixture saves 13,000 gallons each year.
- Use materials with recycled content for construction wherever possible.