- Do they know New York State is a prevailing wage state (meaning you must pay workers on the project the prevailing wage rate for Suffolk County based on their job classification)?
- Do they know that New York State has asbestos regulations that are some of strictest in the country?
- Do they know that New York State requires all workers, including the operating engineers to have asbestos supervisor or handler certificates?
- Do they know that when you do controlled demolition (56-11.5) with asbestos in place in New York State you cannot salvage/recycle/or reuse the building materials, they all (except obvious must be disposed of as regulated asbestos containing materials (RACM)? This means the material have to be hauled by asbestos licensed hauler to an Environmental Protection Agency approved landfill that accepts RACM materials.
- Do they meet the insurance requirements in New York State, has their insurance provided riders or attachments for workers compensation and disability?
|Controlled Demolition is covered under NYSDOL ICR 56|